DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE, UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS
IN COLLABORATION WITH THE
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION, NIGERIA
1st INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON THE CAPITAL
SEPTEMBER 11 - 12, 2019
Theme: Leveraging the capital market for economic
growth and Development
The Department of Finance, University of Lagos in collaboration with the Office of the Chief Economist, Securities and Exchange Commission Nigeria is pleased to announce the First International Conference on Capital Market
The Global Financial crisis of 2007/2009 with the resulting crash of various stock markets and the recovery efforts of various countries has brought dynamic changes in the capital market. This conference intends to bring together scholars and practitioners to present state-of-the-art research in the field of Capital Market. Its objective is to facilitate the dissemination of research on topical issues regarding capital markets that are addressed from various perspectives.
Leveraging the capital market for economic growth and Development
1. Equity Market and Corporate Finance
2. Fixed Income Market and Portfolio Management
3. Infrastructure Financing and the capital market
4. Capital Market Regulation, Securities Exchanges, Securities Clearing, Custodian, Registrars, Unclaimed Dividends and Investors Protection
5. Collective Investment Schemes, Funds Management and Portfolio Management
6. Corporate Governance, Financial Reporting, Tax Issues, Risk Management and the Capital Market
7. Capital market Literacy, Financial Inclusion and Retail Investor participation
8. Derivatives, Commodity Exchanges and Export Diversification
9. Financial Development, Monetary policy and the capital market
10. Fintech, Data Management and the Capital market
11. Non-Interest and Islamic Capital Market Products
12. Public Sector Finance and the capital market
13. Climate Change, Green Growth and the Capital Market
14. Ph.D Colloquium
CALL FOR PAPERS
Researchers, Academics and Practitioners world-wide are hereby invited to submit rigorous papers in any of the areas of the sub-themes. Submission are to be done online at the conference website. Please follow the Conference guidelines in your submission. Papers can be submitted here.
Paper and Abstract Deadlines and Requirements
Papers should be structured as follows: Title and Author’s affiliation, Abstract and Key words, Introduction, Literature Review, Methodology, Results and Discussions, Conclusions and Recommendations, References (APA 6th ed is the recommended referencing style)
All submissions will be peer reviewed. Accepted papers will be published in the digital version of the conference proceedings .
Each accepted paper must have a separate, paid registration.
Contributed Paper Deadlines
- August 8, 2019: Electronically submit contributed papers not previously published or presented. Each submission must be in Microsoft Word format. Submission implies that an author will attend the 2019 UNILAG-SEC Capital Market conference and present the paper, and all clearance required for publication of the paper will be obtained by September 2, 2019. Submissions must be made through the conference website (https://www.unilagsecconf.com.ng).
- August 17, 2019: Notification of acceptance
- August 24, 2019: Authors electronically submit corrected papers through the conference website.
September 8, 2019
Selected papers presented at the conference will be published in the SEC Journal and the Lagos Journal of Banking, Finance and Economic Issues.
■ Capital Market, Innovation, Regulation and Economic Development: Past, Present and Future
■ Stock Market, Governance, Technology and Business Models: Emerging Trends
■ Financial Literacy, Digital Finance, Inclusion and the Democratization of Wealth in Africa
■ Frontiers of Trading in Fixed Income Products and Derivatives in Africa
■ Commodity Exchange and Development of ecosystem for agricultural trade, risk management and finance in Africa
■ Stock Market Innovativeness for SME Financing in Africa
■ Stock Markets, Fund Managers and Stockbroking: Rebuilding Investors’ Trust
■ Infrastructure Finance and the Capital Market: Role of Multilateral DFIs
Early Bird - $100 or ₦22,000 per delegate
Regular - $110 or ₦25,000 per delegate
Corporate - $150 or ₦30,000 per delegate